PS4 Sale on GumTree - email@example.com inquired to buy and post to China - Scamalot
Seen a Scammer? Report Them!
Seen a scammer? Been caught out? Let the world know so they don't get burned.
Add information if you see one that's already been logged - scammers move quickly and change details often to
avoid detection. Details you log here will be in major search engines within an hour or two.
Please Like, Share, Tweet etc. to spread the word.
Tag Cloud Details of Scam Report
|Name||Brett Emma ⇒|
|Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org ⇒|
|Scam Website||+8613264511715 ⇒|
- scamming saw my PS4 console for sale on Gumtree, and TEXTED me asking me to email them at email@example.com
- I emailed, they replied and requested if I could sent the item to China (buyer claimed it was for here daughter who moved there)
- I replied saying I'd need to check postage prices to China, they replied willingly offering $200 above my price just for postage
- I (being naÃ¯ve thinking PayPal protects the seller) sent an Invoice Request via PayPal on 11/12/13, but got a second opinion on a forum, who all felt it was a scam...so I CANCELLED the invoice request
- despite me cancelling the invoice on PayPal, the buyer claimed they received it and paid on 12/12/13. Two fake transaction emails were sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org" (NOT the usual PayPal address), BUT there was no receipt of payment in my PayPal
- I've since ignored the buyer's emails and have reported them to PayPal's phishing centre
email@example.com (buyer\'s email)
firstname.lastname@example.org (fake PayPal email)
Follow Ups/Extra Information
|2014-09-29 20:52:17, |
Details of Scam Report
|Name||Shenee Wallis ⇒|
|Email Addressemail@example.com ⇒|
'Buyer' didn't want to meet up in person, and didn't seem to realise their proximity to me when discussing distance (my address and their phony one was about 20 minutes away)
Scammer offered a way too reasonable amount extra for shipping ($200), and wanted the item (diamond ring) sent to her daughter in China
When discussing shipping, they said to send it as "items returned to owner" to prevent tax in China.
After requesting a payment, I received an email but my pay pal account didn't update on the site, there was no record there.
Last thing I checked was the email, it came from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' but was actually (email@example.com) - after googling that I found a whole bunch of scam stories that were almost identical.
Buyer does not contact through sale site (in my case, Gumtree)
Buyer agrees to first counter offer.
Buyer offers $200 for shipping to CHINA
Buyer asks for a money request in pay pal
Buyer claims money has been sent and the phony email arrives from firstname.lastname@example.org
Can never be too careful people!
|2014-01-05 03:08:04, |
Scammer Information Details of Scam Report
EBAY - buying a diamond
Same as previous reports on FORMEMMA@GMAIL.COM
Wanted to buy a diamond, willing to pay $200 for postage,
Sent fake PAYPAL confirmation email to state payment had cleared
DONT SEND ITEMS, SCAMMER ALET!!!!!
Got more information on this Scam?