Details of Scam Report
|Email Addressemail@example.com ⇒|
initially contacted me via txt asking about condition and final price and saying i can ONLY reply via email.
I contacted him via email and like so many other scammers he was buying it for his brother in law and works at sea so can't come to see the bike, but will pay via paypal and use a courier company to pick it up
THE SCAM ALWAYS IS THAT:
* THE PERSON IS BUYING IT FOR THEIR BROTHER OR FATHER OR BROTHER-IN-LAW (Thats a new on for me)
* THE PERSON ALWAYS LIVES/WORKS AT SEA AS A MARINE ENGINEER OR ON OIL RIGS.
* THEY ALWAYS SAY THEIR USE OF INTERNET IS RESTRICTED OR DIFFICULT (yet they have no problem emailing straight back every time)
* THEIR ENGLISH IS POOR
* THEY ALWAYS STATE PAYPAL AS THEIR ONLY WAY OF PAYING AND QUITE OFTEN GIVE YOU A BRIEF RUN DOWN ON PAYPAL AND ITS SAFETY AND A LINK TO PAYPAL TO SIGN UP.
* THEIR SHIPPER OR MOTOR TRADER WILL PICK IT UP FOR THEM
* ONCE YOU MENTION YOUR FINAL PRICE THEY ALWAY ACCEPT AND PUSH YOU FOR YOUR PAYPAL DETAILS.
* THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU THE NAME OF THIER SHIPPER OR COMPANY YOU WORK FOR AND SOMETIMES WONT GIVE ME THEIR NAME.
Supposedly paypal is not as secure as one might think. I have been told that once you see the funds placed into your paypal account and sell your bike, the scammers then have time to remove it leaving you with nothing. With one scammer i told him i would only tell him where he could pick up the bike once the funds had cleared paypal and were in my bank account...i never heard back.
paypal won contact safe account internet buy sell fund courier bank account engineer firstname.lastname@example.org will (thats a new on for me)