Seen a scammer? Been caught out? Let the world know so they don't get burned. Add information if you see one that's already been logged - scammers move quickly and change details often to avoid detection. Details you log here will be in major search engines within an hour or two.Please Like, Share, Tweet etc. to spread the word.
|Scam Reporter||Scam Tips Received|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Classified Ads Scam
| Ad placed on carsales.com to sell car - scam email from "buyer" - Sean Carterbil|
- Advised he was working at sea and he would arrange tranport company to collect car
- He advised that freight company;-
18 Suhao Bldg
(This address is the address of China Freight - Shuchen Xiao is an individual)
would collect car but needed to be paid upfront. This amount was to be paid by Western Union to the above person at the freight company address.and the transaction code realyed to PayPal so that they would release all the funds.
- He paid Full amount (including freight + Western Union fee) to PayPal - notification received from PayPal confirming.
- The process requires the Seller to pay the freight fee ($1500) out of their own funds on the belief that they will be reimbursed when PayPal releases funds.
- following this they withdraw from transaction and PayPal refund them their money - You are out of pocket $1500
Please also see;-
(a previous report of this person)
I am also sending this to the NT police and to China Freight for their own investigation