Scammer Information Details of Scam Report
I was sent an email that described me being selected by the Mr. Large,(who's wife had died of cancer after they had won the lottery)to receive $500,000.00 as he was following his late wife's wishes and give the money to deserving people. I was leary of this being real but as long as they did not ask for any personal information or monies I went along with it just waiting. I was sent an email with the following directions:
Welcome BILL BEDRY,
PAYMENT CODE: NWB/AVL2011/203192/UK.
Welcome to National Westminster Bank PLC., United Kingdom. Britain's finest and concise Online banking institution with a global perspective. Our unique service trend in the European and world market speaks volume of how keen we hold our greatest assets (customers) in high regards.
Congratulations on being selected as a beneficiary of the Large's Donation, I am in receipt of an authorization letter from the Large's to remit to you the sum of Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00 US), In other to begin the remittance process, you are required to Set up a temporary account with us, this account will serve as a transit facility for your funds, as soon as your account is activated, your funds will be credited into this account with us and you can in turn make transfers of your funds right from the comfort of your bedroom using any internet enabled device into any account of your choice worldwide. With this temporary account, you will be able to:
1. Access your Account
2. View and Print Account Statement.
3. Make international Wire transfer virtually to any bank and Account Type worldwide.
Below you will find three types of Account any of which will serve the remittance purpose, you are to select the type which you would want set up on for you taking note of the basic requirements:
1. PERSONAL ACCOUNT: This type of account requires an activation deposit of Â£320.00 GBP equivalent to $485.00 USD (Four Hundred and Eighty-five USD) and has facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $5,000,000.00 USD within one month.
2. CORPORATE ACCOUNT: This type of account requires an Activation deposit of Â£415.00 GBP equivalent to $645.00 (Six Hundred and Forty-five D) and has the facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $15,000,000.00 USD within one month.
3. PLATINUM ACCOUNT: This type of account requires an Activation deposit Â£455.00 GBP equivalent to $705.00 USD (Seven Hundred and Five USD) and has the facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $30,000,000.00 USD within one month.
Attached to this email is NatWest Official Account Setup Form, you are expected to download, print out and fill the required information, attach and send back to us via email (.jpg) or Fax alongside a copy of your identification, after confirmation you will be receiving instructions on how to go about your Activation Deposit. Be informed that the activation deposit is not a fee, but a manual deposit into your account to activate your account for third party transactions, it will be deposited into your account and you can make transfers of the whole sum after your account is set up and details are given to you.
The whole process of setting up your account and completing the transfers takes not more than 72 hours, transfers from your transit account with us into your local account takes less than 48 hours from the time the transfer is initiated by you. Do get back to me if you have any questions.
Mr. Ryan Campbell,
National Westminster Bank Plc Â© NATWEST BANK Society.
I was willing to go along with following their instructions as they were polite and seemed to be legitimate and professional. The story was believeable and had I not been leary about the whole thing from the beginning I may well of been a scam victom. My life experience has taught me that when they start asking for monies or personal information, you had better be careful and check everything out before proceding any further. These people prey on the weak and uninformed and if everyone would get involved in identifying their scams and making them public they would be out of business.